Hampshire Salon Awards 2018: Local Salons Snap Up Regional Awards
Stylists, salons and freelancers from the hairdressing industry in the Hampshire region recently took to the stage at The Hilton, Ageas Bowl to celebrate their success and wins.
The awards are judged by leading industry professionals including award winning and business guru, David Drew and Paul Falltrick who attended the awards ceremony. Major hairdressing brands sponsoring the awards included colour and care professionals TIGI Copyright & TIGI Bed Head plus leading hair extension experts Great Lengths.
Entertainment was provided by radio host and comedian, Glenn Moore, who went on to host the awards, supported by Salon Awards Founder and Director, Kate Jeﬀery and representatives from the sponsor’s teams.
Chance To Shine
Kate Jeﬀery, said, “ The awards really are a chance for local salons to shine in their area. Regional awards are important for the industry and the amazing hairdressing talent that works across the UK often goes unnoticed with the focus so heavily stemmed in London. The 2018 Hampshire Salon Awards has been one of the toughest yet for our panel to judge, the level of talent is so high and for our very ﬁrst year the amount of entries we received really does prove that an awards like this has been needed for some time. From the judges and I, a huge congratulations to all the worthy winners”.
Hampshire Salon Awards 2018 Winners
- People’s Choice Award: Nirvana
- Best Salon for Bridal Hair: Lissy Hair and Beauty
- Marketing Trailblazer Jacks of London, Southampton
- Best Salon for Hair Extensions (Sponsored by Great Lengths): Xtend with Style
- Best New or Refurbished Salon: WeLove
- Best Colour Salon (Sponsored by TIGI Copyright Colour): Rural Fringe Hair
- Creative Image Award (Sponsored by Mr Smith) Kerry Mather: KJM Salons
- Future Talent Award (Sponsored by TAOH) Gina Cadwallader: KJM Salons
- Freelance Hairdresser of the Year (Sponsored by TIGI, BedHead): Laraine Rose, House of Hair
- Best Barber in Hampshire: Jamie Martin, The Barbership
- Colourist of the Year (Sponsored by TIGI Copyright Colour): Steven Chrisine, Lisa Edwards Hairdressing
- Stylist of the Year (Sponsored by Hot Tools): Andrew Smith, Andrew Smith Salons
- Best Salon for Training: The Hair Beauty & Barber Studio
- Best Salon Team: William and Mary
- Best Customer Experience (Sponsored by Cleanit): Ooh la lah Salon
- Best Salon in Hampshire: Tony Wood Hairdressing
Congratulations to all of the winners!