Fellowship Project: Colour and Project: X Teams Host Finale Evening
As the year draws to a close, the Fellowship for British Hairdressing’s education teams are also coming to the end of their time being mentored by some of the best in the business. And, for the recently re-branded Project: Colour and Project: X teams, that meant one last stage presentation, with their own finale evening.
Hosted at the L’Oréal Academy in Hammersmith, the evening saw both teams and their mentors showcasing all that they had learnt over the last 12 months.
For Project: X
The evening was an opportunity to bring together all of their learnings from the year with a showcase of skills, techniques and inspiration. Between them, they presented avant garde work, wigs, cutting and editorial techniques – all inspired by mentor days from their time on the team.
Another Fantastic Year
“It was a great night and the guys did a fantastic job,” said Team Leader, Kai Wan. “It has been another fantastic year for Project: X – the team gelled together so well and it was an absolute joy to lead them through their journey. I have enjoyed watching them grow in skills and confidence, with learnings they will take with them for life.”
For Project: Colour
Team Leader Paul Dennison provided an inspirational starting point of the Two-Tone Movement.
“I wanted the team to explore the culture clash which formed the movement,” he says. “We used soft global colours combined with strong, bold panels and patterned pieces to create the looks. The team also used the Imprinter, which Angelo Seminara generously gave to each member of the team on his mentor day.”
Bringing It All Together
The Project: Colour team’s showcase brought together elements of all the mentoring session they’ve enjoyed over the last twelve months, with their own insightful interpretations of the Two-Tone movement.
“The team did me proud,” says Paul. “This year has been great – they were my first team, and were all a leader could have asked for – responsive and open to new ideas. They worked amazingly well with each mentor and bonded well as a team.”
The evening ended with the presentation of certificates to each Project member for their participation over the last 12 months.
- Team Leader: Paul Dennison, Ken Picton
- Georgia Bell, Twisted Scissors
- Poppy Devine-Smith, Zoology
- Hannah Godden, RUSH Kensington
- Harriet Greenwood, Bad Apple Hair
- Rebecca Hill, The Strand Ltd
- Holly Dale, Urban Hair & Beauty Highhouse
- Ciara McNamee, Andrew Smith Salons
- Joanne Roe, KH Hair Leicester
- Lea Shaw, Rural Fringe Hair
- Kelsey Franklin, K F Hair Design
- Ivan Montoya, Hair Focus UK
- Team Leader: Kai Wan
- Charlotte Johnson, The Annexx
- Clare Hatherill, The Chapel
- Dani Ball, Headquarters
- Emma Male, Em2
- Janene Hawkins, Heavenly Hairstyling
- Krysia Eddery, Perfectly Posh Hair
- Harlee Gresty, Lewis Moore Salons
- Phillippa Lee, Yaxley Hair & Beauty
- Dan Law, Lara Johnson Lifestyle
- Rory Mason, Ashley Gamble Salons
- Zara Clelland, Marc Antoni
For more information, you can visit Fellowship Hair here.