Authentic Beauty Concept announce partnership with Green Salon Collective
Authentic Beauty Concept is proud to announce its partnership with Green Salon Collective (GSC): the authority on sustainable salon solutions. With a pledge to ‘recycle the unrecyclable’, GSC works with salons to recycle hair, colour, bleach, foils, colour tubes, PPE, plastic and paper.
GSC doesn’t just provide a second life for everyday salon waste – it also applies the same ethos to its business, with all profits raised from selling commodities donated to charities including Haircuts 4 Homeless and Food Cycle. The organisation also plants a tree for every recycling returns box purchased by salons.
Since its launch in July 2020, GSC has partnered with more than 250 salons and achieved major milestones, including:
● Diverted more than 400kgs of hair towards cleaning waterways and gardening projects.
● Recycled more than 2.3 tonnes of used foil and colour tubes.
● Recycled and recovered more than 230L of leftover colour and bleach, plus more than 200kgs of PPE and Plastic.
Sustainability is at the heart of Authentic Beauty Concept and conscious decisions are made across the brand at every touchpoint: from the sustainable, carefully-selected ingredients used in the fully vegan range of products, to the refill bars installed in salons to reduce single-use plastics and encourage a circular economy.
As part of the brand’s ongoing commitment to supporting salons in their sustainable efforts, Authentic Beauty Concept is now proud to have joined Green Salon Collective and will be working closely with the organisation to help hairdressers across the country incorporate their easy-to-use recycling bins and pick-up service, as well as through education and accreditation. As members of GSC, Authentic Beauty Concept salons can benefit from:
● Straightforward recycling
GSC provides salons with a service to recycle the traditionally impossible to recycle items: hair, foil, chemicals and colour tubes, as well as a full plastic, PPE and paper service.
● Ongoing education
GSC educates salons on waste, energy, water and food, as well as staff policies and social responsibilities.
Working with independent change consultants and sustainability experts, The Liminality, GSC has now launched accreditation.
An enhanced sustainable offering provides a huge point of difference for salons, and GSC salon locator provides listings for clients searching for local salons providing ethical and sustainable services.
On top of its latest collaboration with GSC, Authentic Beauty Concept is now proud to offer salons and hairdressers:
● High-performance, professional products that are entirely vegan and approved by the Vegan Society
● Premium packaging, which is recyclable, reusable and produced with 80% Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic.
● Refill bars to encourage a circular economy and reduce single-use plastics.
● Sustainable initiatives including supporting Hairdressers without Borders, providing education, empowerment and employment for those in developing countries; and the Sustainable Guar Initiative (SGI), which promotes sustainable agricultural practices for farmers and supports education in best practices, nutrition, productivity and conservation.
● Sustainable salon practices, including sustainable salon tools, materials and education
For more info visit authenticbeautyconcept.com.