Trend Report: Tommy Hilfiger Spring ’18
Eugene Souleiman creates understated cool at Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2018. For the final TommyxGigi show, Eugene Souleiman wanted to create a look that completely embodied the “Tommy Girl” fusing American heritage with modern athleticism. “This is a very modern hairstyle, it’s been done with haste but still appears styled but natural. It’s a beautiful look with lots of texture. It encompasses the Tommy lifestyle, young, fun and free but with a bit of an edge. It’s about having an idea and tailoring the concept of the idea to suit the individual and her natural hairstyle, embracing their individuality and making them feel sexy.” Eugene Souleiman.
Step By Step
- The first step in creating this look was to comb the hair to reveal a centre parting which is flattering for everyone.
- Each side was then spritzed with a light mist of EIMI Ocean Spritz to add texture and restyled using EIMI Sugar Lift.
- Next Eugene rolled the hair into two soft buns (each side of the head) and diffused for a couple of minutes using ghd air hairdryer (£99).
- Hair was then left to cool for a couple of seconds before being unraveled. EIMI Dry ME was then added to the roots and styled with hands to let air into it and give it a rawer more voluminous texture that was natural yet un-styled at the same time.
- To enhance movement the ghd curve soft curl tong (£120) was used on random sections of the hair.
- To finish the look, Eugene added micro braids to random sections of the hair and gently clamped along the end of the braid with the ghd gold (£139) to create a lightly crimped, dual texture.
Eugene explains: “What we’re doing is something quite different, to get a looser, more natural feeling to the hair we’re using the ghd curve soft curl tong, wrapping hair around it and as we’re taking the hair away we’re stretching it so that it’s more of an “S” curl, less opulent, more understated. It’s more of a modern style, you’re still adding a bit of structure to the hair but it’s more relaxed.”
Visit ghd Hair here to find out more about their products.