The Young Artistic Team at Middlesex university
This year’s Schwarzkopf Professional Young Artistic Team got to experience the world of fashion as they collaborated with Middlesex University London for 3 different fashion events to showcase the final collections of the graduating Fashion and Textile students.
The first was a graduate fashion show held at the Middlesex University, the Young Artistic Team then helped the students create a look book of their collections. Finally, the Young Artistic Team worked backstage at Graduate Fashion Week as the Middlesex university students showcased their final collections in the beautiful location of Somerset House.
The hair brief took inspiration from the HELMUT LANG fall 2019 catwalk, so hair was given a wet look at the roots and slicked back off of the face or given a strong side parting for a strong masculine look.
Young Artistic Team member Steph Stevens says, “I had so much fun at all 3 events, the Middlesex University team are a great team to work with. There are some really talented new designers to look out for in the future. And of course, it’s always a pleasure working with the Schwarzkopf Professional Young Artistic Team.”
Stephanie gives us the step by steps for the catwalk look inspired by Helmut Lang:
Get the look
1. Straighten the hair on each model for a glossy sleek look using the Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Flatliner spray for heat protection.
2. Using OSiS+ Damped, we took section by section from each side of the parting and combed the product through the roots to the top of the mid-length of the hair.
3. Leaving the mid-length and ends of the hair dry, but glossy looking.
4. The hair needs to have a fresh out the water, beachy feeling without the wavy texture.
5. Go over the ends of the hair to keep it looking sleek.
For more info on the brand, visit Schwarzkopf Professional here.