Salons and stylists from across the UK were crowned Salon Business Award winners on Monday night in a glamorous awards ceremony at the decadent Quaglino’s in London.
Over 250 guests turned up to the Mayfair hotspot to see 14 salons and two individuals receive their certificate and award, while feasting on delicious canapes and bubbles aplenty.
Dubbed Freedom Day, due to the national lifting of Government Covid restrictions the same day, the most often heard comment was “perfect timing”.
Salon Business Publishing Editor Joanne Charlton said: “The SBAwards Grand Final brought the industry back together in the way we remember – with hugs, with dancing and networking from start to finish.
“We were proud to give the winners the recognition they deserve in glorious surroundings filled with friends. Each of the winners truly represent everything that’s good about our industry – dedication, hard work, creativity and togetherness.”
Upon arriving at the venue, guests were led down a grand staircase to the main floor, where Brendan Mills was on the saxophone, warming the crowd. Mingling was high on the agenda for guests meeting friends old and new, before the awards announcements began.
Paul Simbler, HOB Salons Director, joined Joanne Charlton onstage to present the first half of the awards, with representatives of the sponsors taking to the stage for the final half.
The awards would not have happened without the unwavering support of the sponsors including Schwarzkopf Professional, Remi Cachet, Joico, Paul Mitchell, iSalon and Unite, who also contributed generously to the SBAwards Goody bag making it the best one yet.
Talking of bests, here are the winners…
2021 SBAward WINNERS
Local Salon Sponsored by Paul Mitchell
Winner B.E Ironbridge
Runner up Smith England
Winner Mark David
Salon Runner up Alchemy & I
Winner Sarai Hair and Beauty
Runner up Saks Exeter
Male Grooming Salon
Winner Joe & Co
Runner up Toni&Guy Billericay
Colour Salon Sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional
Winner ROAR Hair and Beauty
Runner up Goldsworthy’s Hairdressing
Creative Salon Sponsored by Joico
Winner Ashley Gamble
Runner up Tim Scott-Wright @The Hair Surgery
Winner Q Hair and Beauty
Runner up Saks Hair and Beauty West Bridgford
Education Salon Sponsored by Remi Cachet
Winner Hair Ott
Runner up HOB Academy
Winner Hair Organics
Runner up B.E Ironbridge
Runner up Studio e
Customer Service Salon
Winner NOCO Hair
Runner up Artelier Formby
Fashion Salon Sponsored by Unite
Runner up Karoliina Saunders Hair Design
Ultimate Sm to Med Salon Sponsored by iSalon
Winner Academy Salons Esher
Ultimate Large Salon Sponsored by iSalon
Winner HOB Salons
Winner Rick Roberts
Runner up Emma Simmons
Winner Gareth Williams
Runner up Anne Veck Oxford
POWER OF WINNING
Success in the Salon Business Awards brings a host of benefits from a boost in staff motivation, enhanced client loyalty, local and national PR, ambassadorships and more! Specific categories will also encourage loyalty from particular audiences such as Curl Specialist and Male Grooming Salon, opening the salon doors to previously untapped clients.
Add to that a great team-building night out, broadcast internationally, plus inspiration from fellow hairdressers who have excelled, and the Salon Business Awards Grand Final is soon an event not to be missed.
“WE WERE SO IMPRESSED WITH THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL OF THE AWARDS AND APPARENT EASE (IT CAN’T HAVE BEEN EVEN REMOTELY EASY) THAT JO SO BRILLIANTLY ORCHESTRATED THE WONDERFUL EVENT WITH! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING A WONDERFUL AWARDS EVENT HAPPEN AND THANK YOU FOR MAKING US AND OUR INDUSTRY SO HAPPY!” ELLIE AND TOM WILSON, SAKS HAIR EXETER
GRAND FINAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Tickets cannot be refunded except on the cancellation or substantial alteration of the event.
2. If the event has to be interrupted or abandoned no money will be refunded if more than half of the event has taken place.
3. Salon Business reserves the right to refuse admission to SBAwards Grand Final.
4. Ticket holders acknowledge that Salon Business and authorised third parties may record (video and/or audio) throughout the event without limitation in connection with the ticketed event. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of and/or in connection with the ticketed event or otherwise at SBAwards Grand Final at Quaglino’s, London in any/all media throughout the world.
5. Before attending SBAwards Grand Final, guests must familiarise themselves with and comply with the latest rules and guidance issued by the UK government regarding COVID19.
6. By attending SBAwards Grand Final, all guests are acknowledging their consent to, and agree to abide by, the safety precautions that have been adopted by Quaglino’s, which may include (but not be limited to) wearing of face coverings and non-invasive temperature checks. Specific guest requirements will be set forth in the pre-visit email notifications. Failure to comply with any such precautions could result in guests being asked to leave Quaglino’s. We further reserve the right to refuse entry to any person that refuses to comply with our safety protocols.
7. The safety measures that are being and have been introduced for SBAwards Grand Final are intended to minimise the risk of contracting COVID19 but this risk cannot be completely eradicated. By purchasing a ticket for SBAwards Grand Final, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID19 exists in any public place where people are present, and that you and those in your party voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID19 and agree not to hold Salon Business, Quaglino’s, or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors or volunteers liable for any illness or injury. Anyone attending SBAwards Grand Final acknowledges that they do so at their own risk.
8. In line with Government guidance, we ask that guests do not attend if they or someone in their party is required to self-isolate or experiencing any COVID19 symptoms.
9. If you are unable to attend SBAwards Grand Final, you must inform us at least 24 hours prior to the event on Monday, July 19. In these circumstances, SBAwards Tickets will permit you to exchange your tickets for the same event in 2022, or opt for a credit voucher. No exchange fee will apply.
10. Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to SBAwards Grand Final, which you have booked Tickets for are at your own risk. Our liability to guests in connection with the Event shall be limited to the Ticket price paid but excluding any ticket protection purchased and the per transaction collection or delivery fee.