KIT BAG MUST HAVES: Adam Gore, Barberology
Adam Gore, Founder and Director of Barberology shares his kit bag essentials with us.
“At Barberology, our clients like to keep one-step ahead. Men’s Fashion Weeks are always a great source of fresh style inspiration for the modern man. If a client’s not afraid to play around with their look, are keen to keep on trend and are skilled at spotting the hottest new trends before they filter through to real life, London Fashion Week Men is a particular hotbed of hair inspo. Renowned for pushing the style boundaries and giving us exciting new styles each season LFWM is a reliable barometer of the trends that will be all over Instagram in three months, and all over the streets in six. However, the golden rule is translating these Fashion Week trends into unique personal styles that work for a client, rather than copying them blindly.
While the right cut and style courtesy of their barber is obviously paramount, when it comes to recreating trend-led styles, it’s what’s inside that counts, and this is where products come in.
At Barberology we take great pride in tailoring prescriptive product advice to our clients, so they can takeaway our advice and products to keep them runway ready in-between their appointments, but it’s just as important that we use the right products and tools to perfect their locks, too.
Here are my top five kit-bag must haves:
1) One of the biggest sellers across the Barberology group is Evo Box O’Bollox Texture Paste. Aside from the name being a talking point, this kit-bag must have offers extra strong hold with an extremely matte finish – perfect for structured looks that need to stay in place. Added to dry or towel-dried hair this paste also offers touchable texture and builds body.
2) Evo Salty Dog Salt Spray is another matte marvel that’s perfect for longer or more textured styles. This creates touchable texture with a matte finish for a fresh from the beach effect (even if you’ve just left the pub!)
3) Evo Haze Styling Powder is another favourite. This small but perfectly formed beauty adds volume and touchable texture to just washed locks, and can be added directly to the roots for more bounce to the ounce.
4) I don’t go anywhere without my YS Park comb. I love the Soft Flex Comb, which has slightly thicker teeth, so it’s perfect for scissor-over-comb work in the salon and on shoots and shows.
5) I also couldn’t be without my Andis Trimmers and Wahl Clippers – both essential when it comes to creating a whole host of looks on our Barberology clients”.
For more info on the brand, please visit Barberology here.