MILAN MODA UOMO SS18: DAKS
This season, the DAKS Menswear collection transports us back through the history of the British Social Season with a particular focus on The Henley Royal Regatta.
Ambitious young gentlemen guide us through the season’s theme sporting sophisticated jackets with coloured trims, appliqués or jacquard weaved coats of arms. The relaxed atmosphere with its retro elements is evoked by the introduction of slightly wider trousers with a high waistband.
The DAKS Spring / Summer collection speaks of youth and charm from the eyes of those who worry not of the future, sailing the waters of the present.
Hair by Jan Przeymk for AOFM Pro using R+CO [V76 by Vaughn for men’s grooming finishing]
‘Early twentieth century Henley regatta [The Amateur Sportsman]
- Firstly hair was dampened with R+Co ONE Prep spray (£19.95).
- Work the hair into a perfect side parting depending on suitability from the temple.
- Comb the hair in a very flat fashion adding a little water if necessary.
- Dry the hair with a brush with no volume at the front.
- Work R+Co VICIOUS Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray (£22.95) onto the hair to set while still damp, in a heavy application.
- Work with the back of the comb to smooth and perfect the look
- For those with moustaches and beards, facial hair was tamed with V76 Beard Oil (£21.95), to add moisture and deliver sheen.
*While straw boaters were a big part of the show, it was important the hair was not to be disturbed by this accessory, which was essential for the character of the runway.