Inside the NHF Awards: Who Won What
On Sunday night, we joined the stylists and barbers shortlisted to win the prestigious Photographic Stylist of the Year competition gathered at the NHF’s Business Awards at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate to see who would be crowned.
The 2018 Photographic Stylist of the Year Competition
There were six Photographic Stylist of the Year categories for professionals of all levels to enter a show-stopping image suitable for the front cover of a magazine to be in with a chance of winning. Non-professional and professional images could be submitted by stylists and barbers to enter the competition which was designed to inspire creativity within the industry.
And The Winners Are…
- Female fashion Look – open to all (non-professional photography) – Ben Madle, Headhunters.
- Male fashion Look – open to all (non-professional photography) – Emma Simmons, Salon54.
- Female fashion look – (professional photography) – Royston Blythe, Royston Blythe Hairdressers.
- Male fashion look – (professional photography) – Aimee McPherson, Hidden Heights, Creative Studio.
- Female fashion look collection – (professional photography) – Nick Malenko, Royston, Blythe Hairdressers.
- Male fashion look collection – (professional photography) – James Beaumont, Allure Hair & Beauty.
Continuing To Inspire
“The Photographic Stylist of the Year competition continues to inspire stylists to create exceptional visual imagery. This year’s entries did not disappoint – our expert panel of judges were in awe!
Winning such a renowned competition is a true reflection of a stylist’s talent, so we hope that the careers of those who went home with awards last night will benefit. The competition is one that continues to go from strength-to-strength, so we’re excited to see what 2019 will bring!,” commented NHF president Agnes Leonard.
For further information on the Photographic Stylist of the Year competition (sponsored by Andis this year) visit NHF Photographic here.
NHF’s 2018 Business Awards
The event also revealed the winners of the prestigious NHF’s 2018 Business Awards! We were welcomed with a drinks reception before the winners were unveiled, and the spectacular evening continued with a party to celebrate the success of some of the best businesses in the hair and beauty industry.
Such A high Calibre
“We launched our Business Awards last year to recognise the achievements of business owners across the UK, so we would like to congratulate all of our winners for their hard work and determination! “The calibre of entries we received this year exceeded all our expectations, so we can’t wait to see what the entries will bring for next year’s awards ceremony which will be held in London 2019!, ” said NHF President Agnes Leonard.
The NHF’s 2018 Business Awards Categories Include
- Best independent hair or beauty salon – CODE Hair Consultants Ltd
- Best barbering business – The Master Barber’s Shop
- Best new business (winner) – H & Co. Hair Salon
- Best new business (highly commended) – VL Aesthetics
- Best client experience – Melissa Timperley Salons
- Best community support – House of Hair
- Best apprentice – Nathan Klein, Shine Hair Ltd
- Best front of house – Richard Wallace Hair
- Best innovation – eBlade Scissors
All The Winners
For more information and for the full list of winners, please visit nhf business awards here.