Indola’s SS18 Street Style Collection: Pure Basics & Sheer Botanics
Following the release of their military inspired spring collection, Indola is back with the Summer release of their Street Style Collection for 2018. Softer in look and all about the feminine, this collection of simplistic yet perfectly placed looks will take the client from the office to the beach and back again, via any festival, party or occasion of their choosing.
Originally picked-up on by trend spotters @wethepeople, these looks have been slipping into the mainstream across the pavements of Europe and Asia over the past few months – and now thanks to Indola and their latest haircare ranges, including Blond Addict*, these two looks can be recreated anywhere and at any time.
Normcore meets minimalist aesthetic in a trend that celebrates simplicity. Channel an understated urban vibe with this evolution of a classic bob. An undercut gives loads of free movement, so just add a high glaze finish to show off the rich brown colour or give it an edge with easy folded texture.
– Glazed bob with Indola Style Reviver
– Folded texture with Indola Strong Mousse
Team sheer florals with punked-up details for a trend of modern romance. Combining sheer pastel shades in a texture cut gives this long hair look loads of styling options. Reveal the pastelage colour effect and easy movement with lived-in texture or add a laidback feel with twisted braids.
– Live-in Texture with Indola’s Flexible Hair Spray
– Twisted braids with Indola Volumising Powder
Breath Of Fresh Air
Commenting on this season’s latest looks, Indola Global Ambassador, Andy Smith, said, “The simplicity of these looks means they translate into the everyday, effortlessly – a breath of fresh air in what can at times be an over-styled and over-hyped market. Created with Indola’s three-step system of products – wash, care & style – they epitomise the essence of summer with a laidback style and sense of ease. Or to put it another way, they are #simplysmarter.”
The New Squad
Created by a force from the street, these super-smart looks are the work of Indola’s new Street Style Squad, including the leading global names of:
- Jessie Bush @wethepeople – a native New Zealander currently calling Barcelona home. Jessie is a star blogger with an insatiable appetite for the latest looks, tracking trends around the globe with over 300k+ followers.
- Andy Smith – creative director at Agency (London) and Indola Global Ambassador, whose endless fresh ideas take him from salon to editorial and fashion weeks worldwide.
- Chanel Nott – leading colourist and educator at Agency (London) and Indola Global Ambassador, is on the speed dial of VIPs, celebs and fashion-savvy clients throughout the industry.
- Christian Vierig, @thestyleograph – outstanding street style photographer, rarely home in Berlin, hunts the most stylish individuals on the pavement catwalks of the most fashionable cities for his 200k+ (and counting) followers.
Indola’s passion for delivering streamlined, smart, Street Style Collections for stylists and colourists to work from and be inspired by, means that salon owners and independent hairdressers can access a wealth of free, up-to-the minute online support. This includes professional how-to videos & live seminars, as well as ‘look cards’ to help them grow key skills. While the styling products themselves provide access to a world of online guides, through their NFC enabled packaging (just swipe your smart phone over the logo).
*Indola’s Blond Addict range, which contains three shampoos, two shimmer sprays, a conditioning treatment as well as four new pastel toners – Blond Lilac, Icy Blond, Peachy Rose Blond Pastel and Blush Blond – was launched at the end of April and has been used to create Indola’s Street Smart Collection for spring and summer – including its ‘Sheer Botanics’ look.
For further information, visit Indola here.