Henkel Beauty Care Professional: Help Your Salon launches
Henkel Beauty Care Professional have launched a comprehensive initiative to showcase their dedicated support to the global hairdressing industry, the latest project allows salons to offer personalised vouchers for clients to purchase now for use on services, in-salon, once the lock down is lifted.
Henkel’s “Hairdresser Support Campaign” began globally at the start of the pandemic with:
• A €2 million donation to the WHO/UN Foundation Covid-19 fund
• 5 million units of personal and household hygiene products
• Henkel plants switching to produce much needed disinfectants
The UK Beauty Care Professional team arranged donations of more than 18,000 Schwarzkopf Professional products to four NHS hospitals in the UK and Ireland. University Hospital Coventry, Princess Royal Hospital Farnborough, Kings College Hospital London and St James Hospital Dublin all received thousands of hair care and styling products as a small thank you for their incredible efforts. The product donations aren’t stopping there, as the team are already lining up more NHS hospitals to donate to over the coming weeks.
The next stage in the campaign is focusing on supporting salons, through the open-access Help Your Salon voucher sites for the UK and Ireland. Free from any brand affiliation, Henkel have shown their commitment to the professional hairdressing industry as a whole by creating a site that’s open for any salon or freelance hairdresser to user.
Helpyoursalon.co.uk/.ie provides a free platform for any salon or freelance stylists to personalise and sell digital gift vouchers, through a quick and easy registration process. There are no costs attached, and salons do not need an online shop – or even a website – to use it.
“We are fully committed to trying to help salons maintain a revenue stream, during these challenging economic times, this scheme helps them to retain their customer base and gives clients a great opportunity to demonstrate loyalty to their salon. It could also prove a useful way to prioritise appointments once they can reopen, with customers having purchased a voucher being offered the chance to be first in the chair.” said Julian Crane, General Manager, Henkel Beauty Care Professional.
How Does It Work?
• Salon owners register at helpyoursalon.co.uk/helpyoursalon.ie – the process takes less than two minutes.
• Users create, or link to, an existing Business PayPal account*
• Users can personalise vouchers or donation cards with their logo and choice of service or amount.
• Users receive a link which they can send directly to clients or promote on social media or other marketing methods.
• Clients receive a personalised voucher for their salon, to use once it’s back up and running.
• All revenue will be sent directly to the salon’s PayPal account, with no middle-man or costs.
Free of Charge
Not only is this service completely independent of both brands and suppliers, it is also available to salons and freelance stylists equally, free of charge.
The only caveat is that salon owners and stylists must seek advice from their solicitor, accountant or tax advisor and business insurer, who can provide tailored advice for individual cases to ensure income via vouchers and donations doesn’t compromise any state aid being applied for, or void business liability insurance policies.
* please note PayPal for Business accounts fees will apply.