Great Lengths Reveals UK GL Awards 2018 Finalists
World Leading, luxury hair extensions brand, Great Lengths are excited to announce the finalists for this year’s UK GL Awards, following some of the most notable names in the UK Hair industry joining forces on the judging panel, to determine who would make the cut.
Following an in depth judging process with industry experts including Editor in Chief of Creative Head magazine, Amanda Nottage; photographer, Barry Jeffrey; Publisher at Tribu-te Magazine, Nicky Pope; Publisher/Editor In Chief of Hair and Beauty Group, Jayne Lewis Orr; Creator of Professional Hairdresser, Nicola Shannon; and UK blogger and influencer, Gabriella Pisani; Great Lengths are pleased to announce the finalists for all eleven categories for which Great Lengths certified stylists across the UK submitted their entries.
Returning for the fifth time, the UK GL Awards showcase the passion and creativity of UK certified stylists, whilst celebrating their outstanding transformations and exceptional commercial success in 6 creative categories and 5 business categories. The winners of each category join previous award winners as the crème of the crop in the hair extension industry and also take their place in the Great Lengths history books. With new categories, and prizes including each winner receiving two tickets for a group tour of the Great Lengths production facility in Rome in 2019, this year the stakes couldn’t be higher.
Time To Be Proud
Speaking of the standard and quality of entries received this year, UK GL Awards Judge and Editor in Chief at Creative Head magazine, Amanda Nottage commented “I thought the standard of the awards entries was really impressive. I was really, really impressed and I think everyone should be very proud of themselves.”
Fellow judge and Publisher at Tribu-te Magazine, Nicky Pope also commented on the high quality of entries for this year’s awards; “It is very clear how stylists are becoming braver about experimenting and refining the craft of hair extensions particularly with hair styles that look more natural than perhaps they have done in previous years.”
The UK GL Awards ceremony will take place on 16th September at the Royal Armouries in Leeds; an evening of celebration not only for the finalists and crowned winners, but also the creativity and passion which is prevalent in the brands ethos and its wider family of over 1,500 certified salons and stylists across the UK.
Joscelin McCourt, Great Lengths UK and Ireland Managing Director said: “We are so excited for the upcoming UK GL Awards in September. It’s a really great opportunity to celebrate all of the outstanding work Great Lengths stylists are doing every day right across the country.
“It’s really important for us to spend time with our talented stylists and our awards are the perfect setting to shine a light on those who are going above and beyond, achieving incredible results with Great Lengths hair extensions. We would like to thank all of the stylists who entered this year’s awards and wish all of the finalists the very best of luck!”
The UK Awards Categories for 2018 Include
● Longer Length: Steve Barnes @Reuben Wood Hair and Beauty, Jessica Turn @Salon Two, Vicky Demetriou @Larry King, Jill Faulkner @Faulkners, Jack Trafene @Salon Ten.
● Captivating Colour: James Henderson @M Hair, Vicky Demetriou @Larry King, Jack Trafene @Salon Ten, Hector Obeng @Hector’s Global Hair with Zeal, @Annabelle Harpin @Yazz Number One Hair Studio
● Enviable Volume: Kirby Hickey @Hair by Kirby Blythe, Linzi King @Simon Webster Hair, Malcolm Murphy @Malcolm Murphy Hair, Beverly Rosser @Rosser Hairdressing, Steve Barnes @Reuben Wood Hair and Beauty
● Bridal Creation: Kirby Hickey @Hair by Kirby Blythe, Samantha Rubino @M Hair, Megan Green @ Jakeman and Green, Annabelle Harpin @Yazz Number One Hair Studio, Alice Trout @ Alice Olivia Hair
● Creative Innovation: Jennifer Swain @Swain Hairdressing, Hector Obeng @Hector’s Global Hair with Zeal, Steve Barnes @Reuben Wood Hair and Beauty, Ellis Hunt @Rosser Hairdressing, Joe Causier @Malcolm Murphy Hair
● Hair of Fame – New for 2018 (entry is via the monthly Hair of Fame competition at greatlengthshair.co.uk): Joanne Fox @Hair by Joanne Fox, Arabella Kind@ Hair by Arabella, Kirsty McDill @Kirsty McDIll Hair Extensions, Megan Green @Jakeman & Green
● Silver Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance: House of Finesse, Aimee Mallon, Lauren McManus
● Gold Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance: GLAM@hallashair, Reuben Wood Hair and Beauty, Caprio’s Hair Studio
● Platinum Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance – New for 2018: Strawberry Hair, Swain Hairdressing, M Hair
● Best Newcomer Award: Sarina Lo-Giudice @Rosser Hairdressing, Samantha Rubino @M Hair, Martha Garry @Malcolm Murphy Hair
● The Great Lengths Trophy – Extension Excellence: Joanne Hallas @GLAM@hallashair, Malcolm Murphy @Malcolm Murphy Hair, Emma Choremi @McQueens
For more information about the brand, visit Great Lengths here.