ghd Professional: #OfficialGoodHairDay
In times of crisis, feeling part of something bigger can bring us joy – which is why ghd’s first Official Good Hair Day went ahead on Thursday 26th March, uniting their global community of educators and hairstylists around the world online as one.
Content Filled Day
The day featured a variety of content, all focussed on education and sharing skills. Taking centre stage was the #ShareYourHair initiative, which encouraged followers to share their work-from-home hairstyles and getting ready technique videos; with ten lucky winners receiving ghd prizes to lift their spirits. Hairdressers, educators and clients alike participated in the challenge, sharing looks from their homes across the globe – all created using ghd tools.
The other key initiative was a global style-athon, which saw ghd stylists in isolation across the world going live on Instagram on the hour, every hour, from 9am-7pm. Representing a diverse array of talent and techniques, the style-athon was hosted by:
- ghd UK – UK Brand Ambassador Zoë Irwin, Creative Artist Samantha Cusick, Global Head of Education Dafydd Thomas and Head of Education for the UK and Republic of Ireland Janine Jennings.
- ghd Australia and New Zealand – Creative Artist Mary Alamine and National Education Manager Grant Norton.
- ghd Hong Kong – ghd Educator John Zhang and influencer Jessie Li.
- ghd France – influencer Iris Mittenaere.
- ghd South Africa – ghd Educator Natasja Pienaar.
- ghd Nordic – ghd Creative Educator Kirsti Solberg.
- ghd North America – Senior Educator Christina McCarver.
- ghd Germany – ghd Creative Educator Stefan Keim.
- ghd Spain – Brand Ambassador Patrizia Sánchez and influencer Maria Pombo.
Between them, the team showcased techniques and tips to create a good hair day at home, every day. The #OfficialGoodHairDay also saw ghd host a quiz on Instagram, run an online sale and share a united #ClapForOurCarers at 8pm to celebrate the medical teams and key workers working tirelessly across the globe.
Global Head of Education for ghd, Dafydd Thomas, says: “Our first ever #OfficialGoodHairDay was a huge success and served as a welcome distraction with education, insight and a great feeling of community amongst all of our fantastic hairstylists across the globe. Together we shared techniques and ideas that will ensure everyone can continue to feel fantastic with a good hair day, even if they’re working from home. We’re also really happy that so many of our talented industry professionals joined in – inspiring not just their clients but also the wider community with their upbeat advice and ideas.”
And #OfficialGoodHairDay doesn’t stop there, good hair day filters have launched on @ghdhair on Instagram, ensuring everyone can have a good hair day.
For more info on the brand, visit ghd hair here.